Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy New Year




Hi everyone. Just wanted to wish you a happy new year and give a sampling of photos from my travels. I managed to see quite a bit of southern Africa in a few weeks of travel. I spent time in and around Cape Town with Lauren (my fiancee for those who don't know her)--the shot of us on Table Mountain comes from that part of the trip. We hiked up and down and the clouds even cooperated to give us good views and cool breezes. The second part of the trip (once she went home) was a road trip up through Namibia into Zambia and home via Botswana and South Africa with some friends from Lesotho. You can see Victoria Falls here (from the Zambian side), along with the spectacular Fish River Canyon of southern Namibia and a photo taken in northern Namibia of a lion crossing the road and running into the bush. That was quite the stroke of luck as there was a very short window for our paths to cross and they did. Seeing lions in the real wild was incredible and left my friend Matt and I both buzzing for a while (it was a National Park but one with no fences so the animals wander back and forth between Angola, Namibia and Botswana--it was in the Caprivi Strip for those familiar with geography). Anyway, much like most of you I am now back to work and will post more boring work stories as they arise! Take care and have a safe and happy new year.

5 comments:

tanya said...

How cool! I love the photos and love hearing about your adventures. Glad you're back online!

Unknown said...

Wow, stunning, that's all I can say!

megat said...

  I think your blog is really interesting ... especially this post :)

Anonymous said...

John, I didn't realize you had a fiancee. That's great! Congratulations!

Penny stocks said...

I have a web site where I give advise on penny stocks and stocks under five dollars. I have many years of experience with these type of stocks. If theirs anyone interested in these type of stocks you can check out my web site by just clicking Penny stocks. I would like to comment about the future of the stock market theirs always bargains in the stock market you just have to be willing to take the time to find them. Speaking of stocks under one dollar that worked out for me. I recently sold my shares in vonage holdings corporation for 5 dollars. I bought the shares in 2009 for 37 cents. This was a rare exception to the general rule most of the stocks trading under 1 dollar are not good investments. The way that you find low priced stocks that are worthy investments is to have as much knowledge and experience as possible about these type of securities. Only than can you profit tremendously from these stocks.