Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Wheels



So as you might be able to see, I have acquired a car. I have checked out the used car places here in Maseru and found this sporty little number that should get me where I need to go. I basically have it on a long-term rental because I will obviously not be taking it with me when I go. But, for now I have wheels on two continents! It looks all nice and snazzy, but is plenty old with over 200,000 miles on it, which is how I was able to afford it! However, it should get the job done as long as I can remember to stay on the left side of the road! Seriously though, it really isn't that hard to get used to, but driving the stick shift with my left hand will take some practice.
Otherwise I am still trying to get my work permit and visa arranged from the university. This car will allow me to get there easier to knock some heads if need be in the near future. I have also been spending some time at the National Archives here in Maseru which are nice for what they have (information up to the end of the 1930s), but aren't really that helpful for stuff on the time period I am looking at. However, the archivist called a bunch of ministries for me and they said I should stop by anytime and they will try to help. We will see, I will keep you posted. Well, it is a warm sunny day here so I am heading back out to get some more work done. Take care.

No comments: