Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Lesotho's waterfalls



In case you were worried that all I do here is work, fear not. Last Saturday I went with some friends up to the mountains (about a 45 minute or an hour drive from Maseru) to hike to the waterfalls that you see pictured here. They are called Qiloane Falls (the Q is the click sound in Sesotho...try it). They are stunning, especially after a week where it rained a few times. The pool at the bottom is excellent for swimming, if a bit cold. However, this being Lesotho, you can just hike right down and jump in as many times as you want (one in my case). The hike to get there, which you see in the third picture was spectacular through the treeless high mountains. It was a quite managable hike (+/- 2 hours) through some spectacular country and a good excuse to get out of the city for a while on a nice early summer day here.

In case some of you are worried because I have not updated on my running in some time, I am still going at it pretty hard. I am planning to run a 23 kilometer race (about a mile a quarter more than a half marathon) this coming weekend in the South African town of Ficksburg, which is on the border with Lesotho about an hour north and east of Maseru. It is a partially off-road, up, around and down a mountain that, like everything else around here is at altitude of at least 5000 feet! I will let you know how it goes. Take care.

2 comments:

K8 said...

Gorgeous! Maybe I'll make it down for a visit...

Penny stocks said...

I have a web site where I give advise on penny stocks and stocks under five dollars. I have many years of experience with these type of stocks. If theirs anyone interested in these type of stocks you can check out my web site by just clicking Penny stocks. I would like to comment about the future of the stock market theirs always bargains in the stock market you just have to be willing to take the time to find them. Speaking of stocks under one dollar that worked out for me. I recently sold my shares in vonage holdings corporation for 5 dollars. I bought the shares in 2009 for 37 cents. This was a rare exception to the general rule most of the stocks trading under 1 dollar are not good investments. The way that you find low priced stocks that are worthy investments is to have as much knowledge and experience as possible about these type of securities. Only than can you profit tremendously from these stocks.